Bike carrier for roof mounting Yakima HighRoad
- For 1 bike
The Yakima HighRoad is a premium roof bike carrier for 1 bicycle with a maximum weight of 20 kg. A special feature of the HighRoad is that the bicycle is not secured at the frame, but via two U-brackets over the front wheel. Please note: this mounting method implicates that the HighRoad is only suitable for bikes without a mud guard over the front wheel, such as racing bikes, mountain bikes and fat bikes. The U-brackets can accommodate wheel diameters between 26 and 29 inches and tires with a width between 23 mm and 4 inches. After placing the U-brackets over the front wheel, turn the special TorqueRight™ knob until it makes a clicking sound. This way you can be sure that the correct tension is applied to the front wheel and that it is not too loose or too tight. The rear wheel is secured with a tension strap over the rim. So no wheels need to be removed and the system does not make contact with the bicycle frame. This is a great advantage for bicycles with a carbon fiber frame and/or a specially painted frame.
Thanks to the universal fastening method with tension straps, the Yakima HighRoad fits on most types of roof bars from different brands. For mounting on roof bars with T-track grooves, the SmarT-Slot mounting kit can be ordered separately. The bike carrier is secured on the rear roof bar by means of a key lock. And with the integrated Tailwhip locking cable you can additionally secure your bicycle against theft. The Yakima HighRoad is City Crash tested and complies with ISO 11154:2006.
- Can be mounted quickly and without tools on roof bars
- Fits most types of roof bars from different brands, however, for roof bars with square bars, the thickness should not exceed 38 mm
- Suitable for 1 bicycle with a maximum weight of 20 kg
- Only suitable for bikes without a mud guard over the front wheel, such as racing bikes, mountain bikes and fat bikes
- Weight bike carrier: 8.2 kg
- Suitable wheel diameters between 26 and 29 inch
- Suitable for tires between 23 mm and 4 inches wide
- Suitable for bicycles with a wheelbase up to 1219 mm
- The bike carrier is secured on the rear roof bar by means of a key lock
- Including integrated Tailwhip locking cable, to additionally secure your bicycle against theft
- City Crash tested, complies with ISO 11154:2006
- 5 years Yakima warranty
Yakima accessories, which can be ordered separately:
- SmarT-Slot Kit 1 (part nr. BCYA7ACC), for mounting on roof bars with T-track grooves.
The shipping costs depend on the destination country and the weight and size of the parcel. The shipping costs are separately shown during the ordering process, before you pay.
Are you not satisfied with your purchase? Please let us know immediately by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can return your order within 14 days after receipt.
- Returned articles must be complete and - as far as reasonably possible - in the original factory condition and packaging.
For more information about returning shipments, click here.
All product reviews collected through Trusted Shops
Ask a question
Does this product fit my car?
Check whether your car corresponds to the description such as car brand, model, year of build and body type (hatchback, station wagon, sedan etc.):
- Year of build. Example: a product fits on a car model from 2004 until 2013.
- Be careful if your car is from the beginning year (example: 2004) -> your car could be the previous model -> check the Factory code to be sure.
- Be careful if your car is from the ending year (example: 2013) -> your car could be the subsequent model -> check the Factory code to be sure.
- Factory code. At most products this is mentioned (between brackets). You could check on www.wikipedia.org what the factory code is of your car.
- Body type. Please note that a 4-doors, 5-doors or wagon are not the same.
How can I mount the product on my car?
There is a manual available online for most products. Look for the “Assembly manual” icon on the product page and click on it to open it.
When can the product be delivered to me?
Not all products are on stock; some products need a longer time before we can ship it to you. We always mention this availability, below the green order button “Add to cart”.
- Available from stock = the product is in stock. If you place your order before 15:00 it will be shipped on the same working day.
- Shipping within: “X” working days = the product is not in stock. We strive to ship it out in “X” working days.
Do you have another question?
Please fill out the form below.