Logically, privacy-sensitive data, or personal data, is processed via our web shop. Car Parts Expert considers the careful handling of personal data to be of great importance. Personal data is therefore carefully processed and protected by us.
In our processing operations, we comply with the requirements of the privacy legislation. This means, among other things, that:
- We clearly state the purposes for which we process personal data. We do this by means of this privacy statement.
- We limit our collection of personal data to only those that are necessary for legitimate purposes.
- We will first ask you for your explicit consent to process your personal data in cases where your consent is required.
- We take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data and also require parties who process personal data on our behalf to do so.
- We respect your right to access, correct or delete your personal data at your request.
Car-Bags.com is the data controller. In this privacy statement, we explain which personal data we collect and use and for what purpose. We recommend that you read this statement carefully.
Use of personal data
By using our webshop we obtain certain information from you. This may be personal data. We only store and use personal data that are directly provided by you for the purpose of the service you have requested, or of which it is clear at the time of entry that they will be provided to us for processing.
We use the following information for the purposes set out in this privacy statement:
- Name/address particulars
- Telephone number
- Invoice address
- Email address
- IP address
Handling your order
When you place an order with us, we use your personal data to process the order. If this is necessary for proper processing, we may also provide your personal data to third parties. You can read more about this below in this privacy statement.
We do not publish your customer data.
Provision to third parties
We may pass on your data to our partners. These partners are only involved in the execution of the agreement, such as shipping your order.
You are free to disable cookies through your browser. Please note that it is possible that our website will in that case not work optimally anymore.
We use Google Analytics to keep track of how visitors use our webshop. We have concluded a processing agreement with Google in order to make agreements about the handling of our data. Furthermore, we have not allowed Google to use the obtained Analytics information for other Google services, finally we have made the IP addresses anonymous.
We take security measures to limit misuse of and unauthorised access to personal data.
The personal data described above will be kept for as long as necessary to process your orders, including guarantee periods. We then retain data for a maximum of one year for the described statistical purposes. The data will then be deleted, unless there is a legal obligation that requires longer retention (such as the seven-year retention period for payment data under tax law).
Third party sites
This privacy statement does not apply to third party websites that are linked to our website. We cannot guarantee that these websites handle your personal data in a reliable or secure manner. We recommend that you read the privacy statements of these websites before using them.
Changes to this privacy statement
We reserve the right to make changes to this privacy statement. It is recommended that you consult this privacy statement regularly, so that you are aware of these changes.
Viewing and modifying your data
- in accordance with art. 15 GDPR, you have the right to request information about your personal data processed by us;
- in accordance with art. 16 GDPR, you have the right to demand the immediate correction of incorrect or complete personal data stored by us;
- in accordance with art. 17 GDPR, the right to request the deletion of your personal data stored with us, unless further processing
- to exercise freedom of expression and information;
- for compliance with a legal obligation;
- for reasons of public interest, or
- asserting, exercising or defending legal claims is required;
- in accordance with art. 18 GDPR, the right to request the limitation of the processing of your personal data, insofar as
- you deny the accuracy of the data;
- the processing is unlawful, but you refuse to delete it;
- we no longer need the data, but you do need it to initiate, exercise or defend legal actions, or
- you have objected to the processing based on art. 21 GDPR;
- In accordance with art. 20 GDPR, you have the right to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, current and machine-readable format or to request the transfer thereof to another responsible party;
- The right to submit a complaint to a supervisory authority in accordance with art. 77 GDPR. You can also contact the regulatory body in your usual home or workplace or at the head office of our company.
Dutch Data Protection Authority
Of course we will be happy to help you if you have any complaints about the processing of your personal data. Pursuant to the privacy legislation, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority against these personal data processing operations. You can contact the Dutch Data Protection Authority for this purpose.
Car Parts Expert
Van Hilststraat 4
5145 RL Waalwijk